The term neurosurgery covers both brain and spine surgeries. Basic neurosurgeries in India are performed at more than 2000 hospitals, but the more complex neurosurgeries in India are performed at around 200 super specialty top neurosurgery hospitals. Of these, about 20 are top of the line neurosurgery hospitals in India, while the others perform high-end neurosurgeries.
These neurosurgery hospitals in India have the latest equipment, highly experienced neurosurgeons and extremely strong support teams as well. The number of neurosurgeons in India who perform complex neurosurgeries numbers well over 1000.
The large number of neurosurgeries in India enables Indian hospitals to offer low-cost neurosurgery in India. Further, cost of neurosurgery in India is amongst the lowest in the world.
The neurosurgeries performed at hospitals in India include the following
- Surgery of the Skull Base
- Micro Vascular Surgery
- Brain Surgery for Epilepsy
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Neurological Endoscopy
- Non-Invasive Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Surgery for DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation)
- Spine Decompression Surgery
- Spine Decompression with Fusion
- Spine Disc Replacement
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Endoscopic Discectomy
- Spina Bifida
Neurosurgeons in India gravitate towards super specialisation in focus areas such as interventional neuroradiology, skull base surgeries, paediatric neurosurgery, etc. Unlike in the past when orthopaedic surgeons used to perform some spine surgeries, spine surgeries are now performed at leading hospitals in India exclusively by surgeons specially trained in spine surgery.
Success rates of Neurosurgery in India very often exceed international standards. Further, neurosurgery cost in India, is amongst the lowest in the world.
Neurosurgery in India – Important Advantages
- World class operation theatres.
- Top of the line diagnostics from world leaders such as GE, Siemens, etc
- Highly qualified neurosurgeons with very strong academic credentials.
- Many neurosurgeons in India have had extensive training in the West, Japan and South Korea
- Success rate for neurosurgery in India is on par with or better than international standards
- Neursurgery hospitals in India have cutting edge technology that is not available even at many centres in the West. For example Brain Suite incorporating intra-surgery MRIimaging
- Neurosurgery cost in India is amongst the lowest in the world. The cost of neurosurgery in India is just a fraction of the cost in the USA. Neurosurgery cost in India is also significantly cheaper than cost of neurosurgery in comparable hospitals in other popular medical tourism destinations.
- The low cost of neurosurgery in India is without any compromise on quality or success rate
Cost of Neurosurgery in India
The cost of neurosurgery in India is truly economical.
- Neurosurgery cost in India for the removal of Pituitary Gland Tumour : Cost of Neurosurgery in India for the excision of pituitary tumour will involve an expenditure of US dollars three thousand to six thousand. The comparable cost of neurosurgery in the USA would be approximately 5 times as much.
- Neurosurgery cost in India for Lumbar Spine Fusion: Cost of Neurosurgery in India for this procedure will be approximately US dollars 5000. The comparable cost of neurosurgery in the USA would be US dollars 20,000 at least
- Neurosurgery cost in India for spine decompression: Cost of Neurosurgery in India for this procedure would be between US dollars 6000; the cost of neurosurgery in the USA would be at least four times as much
Centres of Excellence for Neurosurgery in India
Leading neurosurgery hospitals in India rank amongst the finest in the world. They combine the best of human resources in terms of highly qualified neurosurgeons, neurologists, interventional radiologists, interventional neuroradiologists and the best of material resources in terms of hospital infrastructure and medical equipment.
Neurosurgery hospitals in India feature top of the line diagnostics:
Leading hospitals which offer state-of-the-art neurosurgery in India boast of high-end diagnostics:
- PET scanner
- State of the art neuro-physiology investigations infrastructure
- 3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 256 slice CT scanning machine
World Class Operation Theatres: A Differentiator at Neurosurgery Hospitals in India
Neurosurgery in India‘s top hospitals is extremely successful on account of the world class operation theatres and cutting edge technology that is available to neurosurgeons in India. For example:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery Suite
- Brain Suite (with Capability for Intra-Operative High-End Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Neurosurgery Theatre for Endoscopic Procedures
- X-Knife for Radio Surgeries
- High Accuracy Computer Assisted Neurosurgery with Operation Theatre Linkage to CT Scanner and MRI Machine
- Microsurgical Instruments for Neurosurgeries
- Gamma Knife or Radiosurgery
- Linear Accelerators ( LINACs) / CyberKnife for Radiosurgery
- Neuro-Intervention Laboratory
- Neurosurgerytheatre with Imaging Support for Spine Surgeries
Hospitals Offer Revolutionary Interventional Neuro Radiology procedures in India:
Treatment of brain and spine disorders are becoming less invasive with the advent of better imaging and interventional technologies. Interventional neuroradiologists in India now offer a wide range of minimally invasive neurosurgeries through angioplasty, placement of stents, treatment of vascular tumors, large aneurysm, embolization for resolution of arteriovenous malformations, etc
Neurosurgery hospitals in India have sophisticated ICU’s customised for brain and spine patients:
The hours and days following neurosurgeries are critical. At our hospitals for neurosurgery in India, ICUs specialists support the neurosurgeons by providing close monitoring and management of patients following neurosurgery. High-End Imaging in terms of MRI, CT and transcranial Doppler are available at hospitals for neurosurgery in India.
Rehabilitation care at hospitals for neurosurgery in India:
In the aftermath of complex neurosurgery, several patients will require intense physical and neuro rehabilitation. Leading hospitals for neurosurgery in Indiahave specialised equipment as well as rehabilitation specialists. Rehabilitation post neurosurgery is targeted in the following areas:
- Functional Therapy
- Mobility of Patients
- Enhanced Movement Therapy
Neurosurgery in India ..FAQ’s
Do many hospitals perform neurosurgeries in India?
About 2000 hospitals offer basic neurosurgery in India. About 200 hospitals offer complex neurosurgeries. From amongst these 200, about 20 super specialty /multi -specialty hospitals perform the very latest in neurosurgeries in India.
What is the cost of neurosurgery in India?
Cost of neurosurgery in India is amongst the lowest in the world. The cost of neurosurgery in India is about 20% of the cost in the USA. The low cost of neurosurgery in India is without any compromise on quality or success rate.
How good are the academic qualifications of neurosurgeons in India ?
Teaching hospitals in India offer specialised courses in neurosurgery. These courses and the specialised hospital training that aspiring neurosurgeons in India have to undergo after their qualification, take up to five years, after qualifying as a doctor. Thus, most super specialists spend about 10 years in medical education and hospital training before they are granted specialist status. Many neurosurgeons in India have had higher education as well as training at leading hospitals and UK, USA, Japan, South Korea, etc
Further, many neurosurgeons in India have super specialised in specific areas such as functional neurosurgery, interventional neuroradiology, paediatric neurosurgery, etc. In terms of both academic qualifications as well as intensive training, neurosurgeons in India are absolutely world class.
What is the experience profile of neurosurgeons in India?
Doctors specialising in neurosurgery in India are truly experienced not only in terms of years of experience but also in terms of intensity of exposure. Indian hospitals have a very high ratio of patients to doctors. This provides neurosurgeons in India with a great amount of experience over a very short period of time. Further a very large number of doctors specialising in neurosurgery in India have also had education and training at the best institutions abroad.
Are hospitals well equipped to offer complex neurosurgeries in India?
India’s best hospitals for neurosurgery are as well equipped in terms of both diagnostics and treatment equipment, as any other hospital in the West. Diagnostics equipment at leading neurosurgery hospitals include high-end PET CT, MRI, CT scan, etc. Operating theatres are state-of-the-art with intraoperative imaging, the latest laminar flow systems, etc.
Quality Certifications… what is the status of neurosurgery hospitals in India?
Several hospitals offering neurosurgery in India have outstanding quality systems in place and have also obtained endorsements from leading quality agencies, national and international. The most sought-after quality endorsements in India are the following
- Certification by the Joint Commission International, a US government body. ( JCI-USA certification)
- Certification by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers, India (NABH)
- ISO certification
What are the prevalent success rates for neurosurgeries in India?
Top of the line neurosurgery hospitals in India have success rates which match or exceed international standards, consistently.
Why should I choose Aarex Medical Services for neurosurgery in India?
- Aarex Medical Services connects you to a network of over THIRTY multi-speciality and super speciality hospitals in India
- Aarex Medical Services is well plugged into the medical community in India and is therefore able to pick the right medical facility for your neurosurgery in India.
- As important as the choice of hospital, is the choice of the most appropriate doctor, for your specific neurosurgery in India. Aarex Medical Services ensures that you get the very best doctor for your condition
- Aarex Medical Services ensures that you get the best value for your money – the best neurosurgery in India at the most economical price.
- Aarex Medical Services is rated as one of the leading medical tourism companies in India
- Aarex receives an administration fee from the hospitals directly. You do not pay any extras for services from Aarex Medical.
- Super fast responses to all your queries.
- From enquiry to completion of treatment, you will have a single point of contact at Aarex Medical Services.
- Customised service at all times.